Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Contradictions? You sure about that?

Hello HN,

If I may, I’d like to present for your examination some reasonable rebuttals to the seeming initial “contradictions” you presented on Facebook.

Time does not allow me to respond to all 6 of the “contradictions” you have raised nor the “hundreds” of others you say you have on hand. As a case in point, however, I’ve taken the first 3 “contradictions” you listed and provided a response for you to examine and I’m certain the 1st three “contradictions” are representative of all the other “contradictions”. Indeed, every seeming “contradiction” that can ever be posited will fall down under proper exegetical and systematic Bible study; it has to, and always has, by nature of the divine author you ultimately challenge.

Kindly bear with me, I felt a need to first build a presuppositional context before directly launching into a rebuttal of the seeming “contradiction” symptoms. I trust you will read my response prayerfully and with open Bible for it is “the entrance of thy words that giveth light” (Psalm 119:130), not me.

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me”. John 10:27

- Howie

No comments: